Kiva Dark Chocolate Mole Sauce Recipe for Cinco de Mayo
Makes 10 Servings
1/2 Cup per serving
5 MG THC per serving
Kiva Dark Chocolate Mole Sauce Ingredients
1/2 of a 100MG THC Kiva Dark Chocolate Bar, roughly chopped
2 Corn Tortillas, toasted
6 Cups hot Chicken stock or broth or bouillon equivalent
3 Tomatoes, Whole (Plum tomatoes preferably)
8 Chiles Guajillos*
4 Chiles Ancho*
2 Chiles Chipotle*
2 Chiles Pasilla*
1 Onion, quarted
5 Garlic cloves
1/3 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/4 teaspoon Cloves, ground spice
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Cumin
To taste Salt
To taste Sugar
*May use all ancho chiles or guajillos chiles, and substitute other types. Use what you have available!
Chicken Taquitos Ingredients
12 Corn Tortillas, small-medium
2 Cups Vegetable Oil
4 Cups Chicken, cooked and finely shredded
To taste Salt
Sliced Red Onion, garnish
Monterey Jack (Optional)
Mole Sauce Recipe
1. Broil chiles, tomatoes, tomatillos, onion, garlic, cloves, and 2 tortillas until charred and softened 10 min, removing the chiles after 2 min to prevent burning. Option 2: Roast in a dry pan over medium high heat until blackened 5-7 min per side.
2. Pour boiling water over charred dry chiles and raisins soak for 20-30 min until soft. Remove from water. Meanwhile warm chicken stock in a saucepan.
3. Combine the charred tomato, tomatillo, onion, garlic, toasted tortilla, chiles, oregano, cinnamon, cloves and 1-2 cups of hot chicken stock in a blender, or other food processor. Puree until smooth. Puree in batches if need be, depending on the size of your blender.
4. Pour and work the puree through a sieve into a saucepan on medium heat and add remaining chicken broth. Discard remaining solids & simmer on medium low for 30 min. Sauce should be smooth. It will thicken as it simmers.
5. Add Kiva Dark Chocolate Bar pieces, peanut butter, and salt and sugar to taste. Stir well & simmer 15-20 min longer.
Chicken Taquitos Recipe
1. Heat vegetable oil in a medium skillet.
2. Fry corn tortillas for 15 seconds per side or until the blister and puff up but are still pliable. Drain onto paper towels.
3. Add shredded chicken in a horizontal line from one end to the other of the tortilla sprinkling a scant amount of monterey jack cheese (optional), salt and pepper to taste.
4. Starting on one end, tuck the edge of the tortilla around the chicken and roll snuggly into the shape of a flute.
5. Add the taquitos to the hot oil, folded seam side down, careful not to overcrowd the pan. Fry on each side for 1-2 min or until it is crisp and just lightly browned. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
6. Transfer to serving plate & spoon Kiva Chocolate Bar infused mole sauce over taquitos. Garnish with cilantro, red onions, and even a little sour cream or cotija cheese.