Recipe: Kiva Chocolate Covered Treats
Yield: Approximately 20-25 treats containing 2.5MG of THC each.
- 1 batch, Kiva Dipping Chocolate*
- Strawberries, marshmallows, cookies, or the favorite holiday treat of your choice
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently dip one item at a time in the melted chocolate. Gently shake off the excess chocolate into the bowl and place your dipped treat on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining items.
- Let cool at room temperature for 30-45 minutes or place in the refrigerator for 15-25 minutes.
- Discard any leftover chocolate, or save for future use by spreading leftover Kiva Dipping Chocolate on a separate, parchment-lined baking sheet and let cool at room temperature. Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
*Kiva Dipping Chocolate
Yield: 25 oz. of dipping chocolate containing 50MG THC total.
- 1 ½ pounds (24 oz) semi-sweet or dark chocolate, chopped
- 10 milk or dark chocolate Kiva Bar squares containing 5MG THC each
Tips For Tempering Chocolate
- Stick to higher quality bars of chocolate & avoid chocolate chips.
- Never let water come in contact with the chocolate.
- Have a few clean, dry kitchen towels nearby before you start.
- For new cannabis consumers, keep the dosage of THC per serving low (2.5MG of THC or less).
- The chocolate should not exceed 115°F for dark chocolate, and 110°F for milk chocolate.
- Make a double boiler: Fill a medium saucepan with about 2” of water and bring the water to a simmer.
- Place 2/3 of the chopped chocolate in a medium metal, glass or other heat-proof bowl and place bowl over simmering water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not come into contact with the water.
- Let the chocolate sit until it’s about 3/4 of the way melted. Stir with a heat-resistant spatula until chocolate is completely melted and no chunks remain.
- Remove bowl from heat and place on a kitchen towel. Dry the outside of the bowl completely.
- Add remaining 1/3 chocolate and the Kiva chocolate. Continue stirring with a spatula until all the chocolate is completely melted. The chocolate should cool to about 89°F for dark chocolate, and 85°F for milk chocolate.
- The chocolate is now ready to be immediately used for dipping or coating.
Looking for more Kiva recipes? Check out our Kiva Dark Chocolate Brownies!