Retail Sales Rep - San Jose
Job Title: Retail Sales Representative
Reports to: Director of Sales
Term: 2-3 month contract: Approximately 20 - 30 hours per week which may include evenings and weekends.
Kiva Confections is the leading producer of artisanal, cannabis infused confectionary products in the United Sates and is one of the most recognized and preferred brands in the burgeoning medical marijuana and adult use cannabis industry.
We are currently looking for a Retail Sales Representative to join our innovative, growing company for an in-market promotional activation and sales role.
This position is primarily responsible for engaging with and informing patients, while leaving them with a favorable impression of the KIVA brand and product portfolio. If you enjoy consumer products and are familiar with the newly emerging and legal cannabis industry and can educate consumers on our family of products, then we want to speak with you!
The Retail Sales Representative will:
- Educate consumers on KIVA products specifically and cannabis edibles in general at a kiosk inside Harborside Health Center in San Jose, CA.
- Encourage sales and manage sales transactions. Handle money collected.
- Conduct tastings for consumers.
- Be comfortable sharing brand message.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of KIVA products in order to be a subject matter expert.
- Present a professional appearance and wear specifically required casual apparel as supplied.
- Attend mandatory training prior to event activation.
- Basic knowledge of the cannabis/ marijuana industry and the culture surrounding its benefits and use. Familiarity with KIVA products highly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years' sales experience and experience representing brands
- Prior event marketing experience and experience representing brands
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills
- Energetic and confident in engaging with consumers
- Ability to respond under pressure and adapt to changing situations
- Flexible schedule and the abililty to work extended hours including on weekends
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must hold an active Doctors Recommendation for the use of Medical Marijuana
KIVA Confections is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply Email cover letter, resume, and LINK TO SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE to: email@example.com. Final candidates will be required to provide strong references by previous manager(s) and complete a thorough background check.
Recruiting efforts are being managed by Options4Growth, www.optionsforgrowth.net.