Graphic/ Brand Designer
Kiva Confections is the leading producer of artisanal, cannabis infused confectionary products in the United Sates and is one of the most recognized and preferred brands in the burgeoning medical marijuana and adult use cannabis industry. Kiva™ chocolates are crafted from all natural ingredients and skillfully combined with California grown cannabis.
Kiva has experienced steady growth in California, and is currently building an infrastructure to support national product expansion.
Kiva Graphic/Brand Designer
Kiva is looking for an expert in design communication who will define and evolve our brand
identity as our legacy products mature and new products are brought to market. As the in-
house Graphic/Brand Designer based in Kiva Confections’ Oakland offices, you will be
responsible for a variety of marketing materials in both print and digital formats, from
conception to final design. This is a leadership role. The Graphic/ Brand Designer must be able
to explain their design philosophy and articulate their visions and design concepts. They must
have experience with typography, color, layout, illustration and imagery and know how to bring
these elements together into one cohesive form that is emotive of a brand's personality, voice,
This is a fast-paced, high volume role and we are looking for someone who takes initiative, has
excellent multi-tasking skills, and is comfortable working both independently and part of a
team. A “no task is too small” mentality is important as minute packaging modifications are
required alongside larger marketing campaign initiatives. If you are seeking a multifaceted role
within an exciting new industry and are inspired by the opportunity to both advance Kiva
Confections, and to be a catalyst in the evolution of cannabis’ acceptance by mainstream
audiences, this position is for you.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator,
InDesign and Photoshop.
- Strong design aesthetic, including creative design solutions within constrained
parameters and a strong understanding of graphic design, typography and
- Ability to follow brand style and uphold brand design guidelines.
- BA or BS in graphic design or equivalent work experience(s).
- Minimum of five (5) years of comprehensive experience as a graphic designer working in an in-house resource and/or from a creative agency.
- Self-starting and ability to prioritize projects to meet due dates with limited oversight.
- Excellent organization, communication and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail- must be able to deliver accurate and error free work.
- Action oriented and enjoys working hard; energetic and willing to take on challenging
- Preferred: Expert knowledge of printing technologies, including writing print specs,
quote requests, and setting up print-ready files. Experience in online design,
advertising and email marketing. Expert knowledge of color and photo correction, and
typography in both print and digital media. Video graphics and website experience
- Experience developing designs for the Consumer Packaged Goods industry preferred.
- Provide creative design solutions, from concept to final design, for all aspects of Marketing - from print (product packaging for new brand launches and supportive point of sale materials) to digital (social media images, educational infographics, newsletters).
- Support multi-state marketing efforts and partner brands by delivering arts and design assets for user campaigns, PR and other promotional activities.
- Serve as the in-house creative expert regarding brand identity across multiple markets- providing feedback on existing design and recommendations on future campaigns.
- Analyze brand marketing challenges and create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
- Evolve the brand system through style guides, templates, iconography, typography, illustrations, and visual imagery.
- Organize and optimize file management system of graphic elements.
- Design marketing materials that meet compliance standards in multiple markets.
- Create production ready files for outside vendors.
- Print marketing materials in-house.
Please send resume, cover letter, and social media links to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why you would be a good fit
for this position and please include samples of your graphic design work.