Cannabis Procurement Manager
Kiva Confections (www.kivaconfections.com) is the leading producer of artisanal, cannabis infused confectionary products in the United Sates and is one of the most recognized and preferred brands in the burgeoning medical marijuana and adult use cannabis industry. Kiva™ chocolates are crafted from all natural ingredients and skillfully combined with California grown cannabis.
Kiva has experienced steady growth in California, and is currently building an infrastructure to support national product expansion.
Job Title: Cannabis Procurement Manager
Job Status: Regular Full-Time (Non-Exempt)
Reports to (Title): CEO
Approval/Date: February 2017
The Cannabis Procurement Manager will manage the company’s cannabis/hemp
supply by establishing relationships with cultivators and sourcing cannabis that meets
the company’s defined standards. This position will be responsible for negotiating,
managing and leveraging favorable supplier agreements and managing the day-to-
day operations of intake and tracking of materials. Coordinate and maintain all cGMP
compliance aspects of procurement operations including supplier list, documentation
and QA auditing.
• Work with CEO and other team members on forecasted needs for flower, extract and trim.
• Complete Approved Supplier List; Source and onboard new suppliers; Determine
supply capabilities, transportation logistics, and quality levels; Maintain current
• Negotiate contracts, pricing and payment terms with cultivators.
• Oversee the day-to-day material intake process to ensure incoming product is
properly documented and tracked.
• Ensures the quality and accuracy of cannabis procurement deliverables in
compliance with company standards set by Director of R&D;
• Coordinate ordering schedules to align with production, quality control and finance.
• Conduct in-field cultivation visits to ensure compliance with quality assurance
standards and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP); Provide guidance to
cultivators regarding quality issues for troubleshooting purposes.
• Develop and maintain strategic business plan for the cannabis procurement to
achieve long range and annual goals; Generate monthly reports.
• Stay current on evolving consumer buying trends, and industry regulations to
ensure business compliance.
• Existing relationships with legal cultivators in CA
• Minimum of 3 years experience purchasing cannabis in a medium to
high volume CA-based retail environment or similar
• Extensive knowledge of best growing practices in both outdoor and
indoor growing environments
• Extensive knowledge of cannabis trends such as strains, extractions
• Strong negotiating skills
• 5+ years experience purchasing cannabis in a medium to high
volume CA-based retail environment.
• Applicable life sciences degree (Agriculture, botany, horticulture,
• Cultivation experience