Accounts Payable Specialist - Oakland
KIVA Confections is the leading producer of artisanal, cannabis infused chocolate confectionary products in the United States and is one of the most recognized and preferred brands in the burgeoning medical marijuana and adult use cannabis industry.
Accounts Payable Specialist Job Description
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION FOR 1-3 MONTHS.
• Sort and distribute incoming mail
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Process 3 way P.O. matching invoices, up to 100 plus line items
• Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
• Process check requests
• Audit and process credit card bills
• Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
• Respond to all vendor inquiries
• Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
• Assist in month end closing
• Prepare 1099 forms (training for 2017 fiscal year)
• Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
• 2+ years of Accounts Payable experience
• 2 + years Quick Books experience, QB certification preferred
• AA Degree preferred with some accounting classes
• Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
• Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
• Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch
• Strong work ethics
• Able to follow standard filing procedures
• Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
• Possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
• Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
KIVA Confections is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply Email cover letter, resume, and LINK TO SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Final candidates will be required to provide strong references by previous manager(s) and complete a thorough background check.
Recruiting efforts are being managed by Options4Growth, www.optionsforgrowth.net.